KONGOS, July Talk and Cheech & Chong Join Fair Concert Series!
If good rock music gets your heart pumping, or if you’re in the mood for some irreverent and hilarious comedy, then you’re going to be excited about the final acts announced for the 2016 AT&T Concert Series at the Alaska State Fair!
Kicking off the August 28 show at 6 p.m. is July Talk, the Canadian rockers known for their electrifying concerts and dynamic new single, “Push + Pull.” KONGOS, the four-brother rock band behind “Come With Me Now” and “I’m Only Joking,” starts their set at 7 p.m.
On August 29, the Fair welcomes Grammy Award-winning comedians Cheech & Chong on their first tour in more than 25 years! Performing with them is special guest, Shelby Chong, a talented, up-and-coming female comedian making a name for herself with her raunchy, outrageous, yet innocent, feminine-centric stand-up show.
Mark your calendar – tickets for these two shows go on sale to the general public Friday, June 3 at 6 a.m.
The groups round out our 2016 concert line-up, including the previously announced acts:
- Home Free, Thursday, August 25, 7 p.m., presented by KBRJ (have you seen the country vocal group’s brand new music video, “Movin On”?)
- X Ambassadors, Friday, August 26, 7 p.m., presented by Pabst Blue Ribbon, KMBQ and KBBO (their song, “Unsteady,” off their latest album, VHS, is currently on the iTunes top 100 song chart!)
- The Band Perry, Saturday, August 27, 7 p.m., presented by Heineken and KBRJ (the country sibling trio’s “Live Forever” is the official song of Team USA at the summer 2016 Olympics!)
- Old Dominion, Tuesday, August 30, 7 p.m., presented by Bud Light and KBRJ (the country five-some has both a song – “Snapback” – and an album – Meat and Candy – on the iTunes top 100 chart!)
- Thousand Foot Krutch, Wednesday, August 31, 7 p.m., presented by KAFC (the rock and roll group’s latest album, Exhale, is due out June 17!)
- G-Eazy, Thursday, September 1, 7 p.m., presented by KFAT (hear this chart-topping rapper on the Grace song, “You Don’t Own Me,” now on the iTunes top 100 song chart!)
- Volbeat, Friday, September 2, 7 p.m., presented by KWHL (these Danish rockers currently have three songs on the iTunes rock chart – “The Devil’s Bleeding Crown,” “Seal the Deal” and “The Bliss,” all off their new album, Seal the Deal & Let’s Boogie, to be released June 3!)
- Randy Houser, Saturday, September 3, 7 p.m., presented by Coors Light and KASH (the country artist’s “We Went” music video hit #1 on CMT’s Hot 20 Countdown last month!)
- Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo, Sunday, September 4, 6 p.m., presented by Anchorage Press and KOOL (the beloved female rock and roll icon just kicked off her We Live for Love tour last month!)
- Andy Grammer, Monday, September 5, 3 p.m., presented by KGOT and KYMG (the multi-platinum recording artist just announced a new tour with Gavin DeGraw!)
Tickets for the 10 previously announced shows are currently on sale, while tickets to KONGOS with special guest July Talk and Cheech & Chong featuring special guest Shelby Chong go on sale to the general public on June 3 at 6 a.m. Get your tickets:
- Online at alaskastatefair.org and print at home. Convenience fees apply, and Fair admission is additional.
- On the Fair’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/alaskastatefair.
- On a mobile phone. Convenience fees apply, and Fair admission is additional.
- The Borealis Box Office during the Fair. No convenience fees at the Fair box office. Fair admission additional.
Want to find out more about this year’s line-up? Visit our website for ticket prices, bios, photos and performance samples.