Vendor Manager, Full Time Position
The Alaska State Fair a 501©3 nonprofit is seeking a Vendor Manager with excellent interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills to facilitate and coordinate partnerships with over 450 different vendors at the Alaska State Fair. This position has many facets that include reviewing vendor agreements / requirements, data entry and clerical duties, vendor/fair logistics, indoor/outdoor work capabilities, along with the ability to troubleshoot situations positively and effectively in a team environment.
The Alaska State Fair is the largest event in Alaska with an annual average attendance of nearly 300,000 people. Our mission is to produce a traditional State Fair which educates and entertains Fairgoers: Provide stable finances through good business practices, state outreach, partnerships and hosting a variety of community, cultural, and business events.
Reports to: CEO
Position Responsibilities: Vendor Management
- Manage vendor recruitment and outreach as needed, via phone, email and in person.
- Coordinate all vendor logistical information and manage all vendor permits, licenses, contracts, insurance, fees and special requests.
- Work with vendors to finalize sales offerings and menu sourcing.
- Answer relevant phone calls, questions, and manage all correspondence with vendors.
- Organize vendor files and maintain up-to-the-minute list of participating vendors.
- Interface with governmental agencies involved with vendor matters.
- Work with vendors to insure they obtain the necessary permits.
- Coordinate on-site logistics, vendor load-in/load-out and vendor deadlines.
- Attend weekly team meetings and represent Alaska State Fair Vendor Program at any necessary meetings outside of office.
- Delegate tasks to Vendor assistant.
- Collect vendor fees and prepare monthly reconciliation with Finance Manager.
- Compile all annual post-fair reports: financial and vendor evaluations.
- Enforce all rules and regulations in the vendor handbook.
- Oversees recycling program.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and may vary from time to time to meet business needs.
Our Ideal Vendor Manager will have the following skills/traits:
- •Experience cultivating relationships.
- Experience with fair events, festivals, trade shows, and/or conferences.
- Experience in customer service and administration.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, react quickly and make well-educated decisions.
- Ability to work well with a diverse customer base.
TERMS: This is a full-time position with varied hours, some weekends and overtime. Occasional physical demands working outside in all types of weather. Benefits include health insurance, retirement plan, and paid time off. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications to Jerome Hertel at email@example.com No phone calls, please.
DEADLINE: Apply by February 4, 2022. If selected for an interview you will be contacted by February 15, 2022.