- August 6, 2021 - August 7, 2021 • 11:00 am- Entry Days
Exhibit Drop Off – Hoskins Building:
- Friday, August 6, 11 am – 7 pm
- Saturday, August 7, 11 am – 7 pm
Exhibit Pick Up – Hoskins Building:
- Tuesday, September 7, 1 pm – 6 pm
- Saturday, September 11, 1 pm – 6 pm
NEW 2021 PRIZES:
- 1st Place Prize – $100
- 2nd Place Prize – $75
- 3rd Place Prize – $50
- Materials made exclusively from recycled or previously used materials (50 points)
- Overall creativity of utilized materials (20 points)
- Overall attractiveness of artwork (10 points)
- Weather worthy and/or anchored to make it so (10 points)
- Lightweight enough to be moved for display purposes (5 points)
- No more than one square yard in width and length, height limited only by stability (5 points)
- No sharp or jagged edges
- Art should self-supported. Non-free standing art should come with hardware for mounting on the VCRS booth. (Please confirm guidelines for weight restrictions on all hooks)
DISPLAY DURING FAIR:
- Recycled yard art will be displayed at the Valley Community for Recycling Solutions (VCRS) Booth on the Purple Trail, Miners Loop.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and People’s Choice Ribbons will be displayed with the entrant’s name inside the VCRS Booth.
After the fair, entrants are welcome to donate their entries to VCRS. VCRS will then have exclusive rights to either display the items at the recycling center on the outdoor education trail or auction them off during a future fundraiser. In either case, the creator will be given credit for creating the item.