Recycling Coordinator, Part-time Seasonal
The Recycling program is a team effort between the Alaska State Fair and Valley Community for Recycling Solutions.
The coordinator secures and schedules volunteers to work during the Fair and work with the Vendor Manager to distribute passes to volunteers. Secure and schedule 2 shift leaders who will oversee the daily operation of gathering and sorting during the Fair, orient the volunteers for their specific roles, and assist at the Fair Recycle area as needed. Must be able to work in all weather conditions and lift up to 30 pounds. Please complete the Online Application or download the Application and mail, fax or deliver to address listed, Attn: Recycle. April to fair time – a couple of hours a week and full time during the Fair.
Exhibits Attendant, Part-Time, Seasonal
Provides information and assistance to the general public in the Hoskins and Irwin Exhibit Areas.
Attendants work in the Exhibit Halls to protect entries and inform the public during the 12-day Fair. Must be polite, alert, and professional. Attendants work 6 hour shifts and may be retained for cleaning before and after the fair. Attendants are representatives of the Fair and will use the Fair Daily Schedule to answer question from the public. Must perform general cleaning of assigned areas: including dusting, straightening pictures, picking up garbage, etc. Please complete the Online Application or download the Application and mail, fax or deliver to address listed, Attn: Exhibits. Full time during the Fair – August 22 – September 2, 2019.
Souvenir Salesperson, Part-Time, Seasonal
Clerks will sell Fair themed souvenirs to Fairgoers during the 12-Day Fair.
Clerks will need to maintain a neat inventory, clean booth and help set up displays. Cheerfully greet the public and offer information as requested. Operate the Point-of-Sale system. Must be able to stand for a five hour shift and make change. Please complete the Online Application or download the Application and mail, fax or deliver to address listed, Attn: Exhibits. Part time during the Fair – August 22 – September 2, 2019.
Garden Crew, Full-Time, Seasonal
Seasonal gardener positions open for the 2019 growing season at the Alaska State Fair.
- Must have a keen interest in learning basic gardening skills
- Be self-motivated
- Have a high energy level
- Must be willing and capable of following instructions
- Must be able to work as part of a group
- Candidate must also possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Must be available to work a 40 hour work week with occasional overtime as needed
- Greenhouse duties, transplanting, mowing, pruning, weeding and watering
- Other duties as assigned
- This is NOT a landscaping position. This is hands on ornamental horticulture
- This is a physical labor job! Candidate must be physically able to perform the duties required
- Must be able to walk, kneel, bend, lift and routinely carry 30 pounds
- Must be able to work outside for extended periods of time in any and all weather conditions
Limited number of positions begin in early May, the rest begin May 28 and run through the summer.
Grounds Crew, Full-Time, Seasonal
- Minimum age 18.
- Ability to lift 75-100 pounds.
- Willing and able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have a valid drivers license with acceptable driving record.
- Duties include, but are not limited to: Painting, carpentry projects, lawn mowing weed whipping, fence line maintenance and garbage pickup.
Souvenir Supervisor, Part-time, Seasonal
Provides Fair themed merchandise to Fair customers, focusing on providing an excellent customer service experience.
The supervisor secures, trains and schedules souvenir shop employees to work during the 12-day Fair. Previous retail management experience preferred. Must be able to work in all weather conditions and lift up to 30 pounds. Please complete the Online Application or download the Application and mail, fax or deliver to address listed, Attn: Marketing. April to fair time – a couple of hours a month and full time during the Fair.