Fair announces 2017 scholarship recipients
We received so many amazing scholarship applications that we had to increase the awards this year! We originally planned to award seven scholarships totaling $7,000 (which was up significantly from the $4,250 we awarded last year!). But after reviewing the applications, our scholarship committee unanimously approved an increase to nine scholarships totaling $8,000.
Please join us in congratulating our 2017 scholarship recipients:
- First place – $2,500: Annie Kessler of Colony High School
- Second place – $1,500: Summer Putman of Juneau-Douglas High School
- Third place – $1,000: Lily Anna Sessom of Colony High school
- Honorable mention – $500: John F. Jones of IDEA
- Honorable mention – $500: Ruby Woodings of Palmer High School
- Honorable mention – $500: Alexis Barfield of Palmer High School (picture not available)
- Honorable mention – $500: Fisher Dill of Frank A. Degnan High School
- Honorable mention – $500: Maciah L. Johnson of IDEA
- Honorable mention – $500: McKenna Dinkel of Mat-Su Central Homeschool (picture not available)
We received a total of 40 applications this year from students all over the state. While we couldn’t give everyone a scholarship, all applicants did receive two free admissions to the 2017 Fair.
Fair scholarships are open to all Alaska junior and senior high school students who plan to attend college or vocational school. Applicants submit a cover letter, extracurricular resume, letter of recommendation, photo and an essay or creative project.
Watch for the 2018 call for scholarship applications early next year! Questions? Contact Kelly Larson, Fair director of community and corporate relations, at 907.746.7164 or email@example.com.