2021 Scholarship Program
The 2021 scholarship awards include $2,500 for first place, $1,500 for second place, $1,000 for third place, and two honorable mentions of $500 each. Every student who submits a completed application will also receive two free admissions to the 2021 Fair, which is scheduled for August 26 – September 6.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter including student’s name, address, phone and email, school name and phone, counselor’s name, and the name of the college or vocational school he or she plans to attend
- Extracurricular resume including interests, clubs, community service and/or employment
- One letter of recommendation
- A photo that may be used for publicity purposes
- Written essay (1,000 words or less) or creative project (audio, video, performance or visual arts, business plan, social media campaign, arts and crafts, photography, etc.). Please note that DVDs will not be accepted. Students can submit videos online by uploading to their personal YouTube, Instagram or other video account, then entering the video URL on the application. All other application materials should be submitted to: Alaska State Fair, Attn: Kelly Larson, 2075 Glenn Hwy., Palmer, Alaska 99645
The written essay or creative project should address one of the following topics:
- In 2020, the Fair made the difficult decision to cancel the annual 12-day event. What impact has this had on the community, both socially and economically?
- In 2021, the Fair is eager for a successful event. The Fair has taken many steps to make its events safe and COVID conscious for the community. What precautions would you recommend to mitigate the effects of COVID for a safe and fun event?
- In light of the Fair’s mission statement, how can the Fair have a greater benefit on your community or in the state of Alaska?
- The Alaska State Fair is always looking for innovative and fun events, activities and contests that are free with fair admission to fairgoers. Create a new event, activity or contest that has minimal cost for the Fair.
- The Alaska State Fair’s primary purpose is to educate fairgoers. How could the Fair improve its educational programming to be more relevant to youth?
- How would you use a 12-foot by 12-foot booth space at the Fair to start your own business or to sell goods or services?
Please note that ideas submitted become the property of the Alaska State Fair.
Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, March 31, 2021, no later than 4:30 p.m. All applications should be mailed or delivered to the Alaska State Fair, 2075 Glenn Hwy., Palmer, Alaska 99645. ASF office hours for delivery are Tuesday – Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30p.m. Recipients will be announced on Friday, April 9, 2021.
Application Deadline has past.
For more information contact:
Fair Director of Community and Corporate Relations
907.746.7164 or email@example.com.