2022 Scholarship Program
The 2022 scholarship awards include:
- 3,000 first-place award
- $2,000 second-place award
- $1,500 third-place award
- Two $500 honorable mention awards
Every student who submits a completed application will receive two free admissions to the 2022 Fair, which is scheduled for August 19 – September 5.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter including student’s name, address, phone and email, school name and phone, counselor’s name, and the name of the college or vocational school he or she plans to attend
- Extracurricular resume including interests, clubs, community service and/or employment
- One letter of recommendation
- A photo that may be used for publicity purposes
- Written essay (1,000 words or less) or creative project (audio, video, performance or visual arts, business plan, social media campaign, arts and crafts, photography, etc.). Please note that DVDs will not be accepted. Students can submit videos online by uploading to their personal YouTube, Instagram or other video account, then entering the video URL on the submission page. All application materials should be submitted at alaskastatefair.org or mailed to: Alaska State Fair, Attn: Kelly Larson, 2075 Glenn Hwy. Palmer, Alaska 99645..
The written essay or creative project should address one of the following topics:
- In 2021, the Alaska State Fair decided to switch to a three-weekend Fair, with days closed during the week. What do you think were the biggest social and economic impacts of this change to the Fair and the community?
- Alaska is number one in the nation for new farmers. We have the youngest population of farmers and the largest percentage of women involved in agriculture. What can the Fair do to keep this trend growing?
- In light of the Fair’s mission statement, how can the Fair have a greater benefit on your community or in the state of Alaska?
- The Alaska State Fair is always looking for innovative and fun events, activities and contests that are free with Fair admission to fairgoers. Create a new event, activity or contest that has minimal cost for the Fair.
- How would you use a 12-foot by 12-foot booth space at the Fair to start your own business or to sell goods or services?
Please note that ideas submitted become the property of the Alaska State Fair.
Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, March 29, 2022, by 4:30 p.m. AKDT.
Submit online or Mail/Deliver to:
Alaska State Fair,
2075 Glenn Hwy,
Palmer, Alaska 99645
Office Hours: Tuesday – Friday 9:30am – 3:30pm
Recipients will be announced in mid-April.
2022 Scholarship Application
For more information contact:
Fair Director of Community and Corporate Relations
907.746.7164 or [email protected].