2020 Scholarship Program
The 2020 scholarship awards include $3,000 for first place, $2,000 for second place, $1,500 for third place, and two honorable mentions of $500 each. Every student who submits a completed application will also receive two free admissions to the 2020 Fair.
Applications should include:
- Cover letter including student’s name, address, phone and email, school name and phone, counselor’s name, and the name of the college or vocational school he or she plans to attend
- Extracurricular resume including interests, clubs, community service and/or employment
- One letter of recommendation
- A photo that may be used for publicity purposes
- Written essay (1,000 words or less) or creative project (audio, video, performance or visual arts, business plan, social media campaign, arts and crafts, photography, etc.). Please note that DVDs will not be accepted. Students can submit their videos online. Upload your creative video to your YouTube, Instagram or other video account, then enter your video URL on the submission page. Please send remainder of your application packet to the Alaska State Fair at 2075 Glenn Hwy., Palmer, Alaska 99645 Attn: Kelly Larson
The written essay or creative project should address one of the following topics:
- In light of the Fair’s mission statement, how can the Fair have a greater benefit on your community or in the state of Alaska?
- The Alaska State Fair is always looking for innovative and fun events, activities and contests that are free with fair admission to fairgoers. Create a new event, activity or contest that has minimal cost for the Fair.
- The Alaska State Fair’s primary purpose is to educate fairgoers. How could the Fair improve its educational programming to be more relevant to youth?
- How would you use a 12-foot by 12-foot booth space at the Fair to start your own business or to sell goods or services?
Applications must be submitted by Monday, March 30, 2020, at 4:30 p.m. Ideas submitted become the property of the Alaska State Fair.
For more information contact:
Fair Director of Community and Corporate Relations
907.746.7164 or email@example.com.