Rebarchek Agricultural Park
The Raymond Rebarchek Colony Farm is a historic farm property on Rebarchek Avenue in Palmer, Alaska. It consists of a 40-acre (16 ha) tract of land granted to Raymond Rebarchek in a 1935 land lottery organized by the Matanuska Valley Colony, a Depression-era agricultural colony project. Rebarchek farm was one of the first colonist farms in the Mat-Su Valley. The property was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. At that time the farm complex included ten buildings, including Rebarcheck’s original log house, the first built in the colony, along with a dairy barn, wellhouse, greenhouse, chicken house. The original milking parlor and silo are no longer there but the original farm house is still standing today.
In 2002 the Alaska State Fair purchased the farm and have been developing this area to be a functioning demonstration farm. The land has been leased as experimental 1 and 5 acre lots.