Alaska State Fair Camping
Alaska State Fair Campground is nestled in the Matanuska Valley in the heart of the fastest growing region of the state. Just one hour outside of Anchorage, we have spaces in a secured fenced area.
7 spaces are available with electrical hookups and 8 spaces are without.
Free local wi-fi.
Water and sewer hookups not available.
20 x 40 space with electric
20 x 60 space without electric
May 15 – August 1
2075 Glenn Hwy
Palmer, AK 99645
Monday-Friday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Event Campground Host
Oversee camping area on the fairgrounds from May 15 to August 1. Payment is use of a campsite, water, electric, and free dumping service.
- Have good customer service skills
- Be able to reside in campground area for the duration and be able to work most weekends and all holidays.
- Be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Have a good knowledge of the surrounding area and points of interest.
- Greet and assist visitors in locating vacant sites,
- Answer visitor questions, distribute maps and copies of regulations,
- Perform light maintenance work around the campground area such as litter pickup, emptying trash cans and washing tables.
- Keeping a written report of complaints, compliments and criticism of park amenities.
- Reporting any maintenance items requiring immediate attention to Fair staff.
Experience preferred, not necessary.