Sweepstakes Official Rules
BETTER TO GO TOGETHER SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
• Sponsor: Alaska State Fair, Inc.
• Administrator: Alaska State Fair, Inc., 2075 Glenn Hwy., Palmer, AK 99645
• Eligibility: The “Better to Go Together” Sweepstakes (“Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, board members and interns) who have, within the past six months, performed services for Sponsor, Administrator, any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Promotion or supplying the prizes, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win any prize. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Void in CA, UT, TN, Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories or possessions and where prohibited or restricted by law. Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local rules and regulations apply. The validity of the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Alaska. The Sponsor retains the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Official Rules, including any ambiguities. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and discretionary. With respect to any suit, action or proceeding arising out of or related to this Contest, the parties hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the Superior Court of Alaska, State of Alaska, or to the U.S. District Court for the District of Alaska.
• Promotion Schedule: The entry period begins on or about 11:59:59 a.m. Alaska Daylight Savings Time (AKDT) on Monday, June 5, 2017, and ends at 11:59:59 a.m. AKDT on Friday, August 25, 2017 (“Entry Period”). All online entries must be received and recorded by Sponsor’s computer by 11:59:59 a.m. on each entry day to be eligible to win. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for the Promotion.
Limit one (1) Promotion entry per person or email address per day. Multiple entries in excess of this limitation or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of all entries by such person. Entrants can earn one (1) bonus entry if user sends Tweet and one (1) bonus entry per Facebook friend who enters.
Entries must be manually key-stroked; use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the Promotion (in whole or in part) is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, civil commotion, governmental regulation (including failure of one or more governmental entities to timely approve Promotion in accordance with applicable alcohol beverage regulations) or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion (including but not limited to terminating/suspending the Promotion in one or more jurisdictions). In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Promotion and award prizes in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Promotion will be posted on the Sponsor’s website. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Promotion. Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Promotion and/or prevent others from participating in the Promotion.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
Sweepstakes Prize, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
June 9, 2017: Home Free, ARV $213
June 16, 2017: Papa Roach, ARV $273
June 23, 2017: Josh Turner, ARV $273
June 30, 2017: Iggy Azalea, ARV $273
July 7, 2017: The Fab Four, ARV $233
July 14, 2017: Aaron Watson, ARV $223
July 21, 2017: Judah & the Lion, ARV $213
July 28, 2017: Lecrae, ARV $253
August 4, 2017: Third Eye Blind, ARV $273
August 11, 2017: The Doobie Brothers, ARV $333
August 18, 2017: Terry Fator, ARV $313
August 27, 2017: DNCE, ARV $283
One prize will be awarded once a week for 12 weeks beginning Friday, June 9, 2017. Enter daily to win (once per person or email address per day) via the Alaska State Fair website or Facebook page. Entrants can earn one (1) bonus entry if user sends Tweet and one (1) bonus entry per Facebook friend who enters.
Prizes (12 winners):
2 Meet & greets to one of the Alaska State Fair’s AT&T Concert Series shows*
2 Reserved admission tickets to that concert
2 Daily Fair admission tickets
1 Premier daily parking permit
2 Meal vouchers**
1 Sheet of carnival ride tickets
*All meet & greets are subject to change and/or cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right to deny entrance to the meet & greets at any time.
**Good at participating food vendors.
Prize will be available for pick-up at Green Gate Will Call on the Alaska State Fairgrounds or mailed directly to the winners. Winner is solely responsible for all other expenses related to the Prize not specified herein. Airfare and/or transportation to the Alaska State Fair is not included. No substitution or transfer of Prize except with Sponsor’s written permission or where required by law. If for any reason announced Prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor in its sole discretion may award a substitute Prize of equal or greater value. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, who will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting actual value of Prize, if required by law.
Potential Prize winners will be notified by email. Failure to respond to the initial verification email within two (2) days after notification or return of email notification as undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification. Potential Prize winners will be required to sign and return within five (5) business days an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law. If the Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release (or any other required documents) are not returned to Sponsor within specified time period, potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any online entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting email account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
• General Conditions: By participating, entrants agree to be bound by and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Acceptance of Prize constitutes Prize winner’s permission for Sponsor, Administrator and their respective successors, representatives and assigns to use their name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence in programming, advertising, trade and/or promotional material or on a winner’s list without compensation or notice, to the extent permitted by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
• Limitation of Liability: By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, shareholders, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of Prize. No more than the Prizes stated above will be awarded. By supplying email addresses, entrants are automatically opted in to receive exclusive discounts, news and new product information from Sponsors via email in the future.
• Disputes: To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Alaska or an appropriate Alaska State Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Alaska, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Alaska or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Alaska.
• Winner’s List: For the name of the Prize winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Alaska State Fair, Attention: Better to Go Together Sweepstakes, 2075 Glenn Hwy., Palmer, AK 99645 for receipt no later than Tuesday, September 5, 2017.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY.