- August 26, 2018 • 4:45 pm • Hoskins Exhibits
- Bring your prepared entry to Hoskins Exhibits on the date of the contest; date and times are noted in contest information.
- All entrants must purchase Fair admission.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Decisions by the judges are final.
- Recipes must be typed on an 8½” x 11” sheet of paper and submitted with entry. (Original and unpublished recipes only) Include the recipe title, your name, address and phone number. Handwritten recipes will not be accepted.
- One entry per person.
- Must be made from scratch.
- Be creative with the single or double pastry crust.
- The pie filling is to be Alaska Grown Fruit and/or Vegetable.
- Judging is based on taste, texture, and presentation.
- Recipes must be typed on an 8½” x 11” sheet of paper.
- All recipes become property of FCE and the Alaska State Fair, Inc.
- The 2017 first place contest winner is not eligible in the 2018 contest.
Enter 4:45 to 6:45 pm
Judging at 7:00 pm
- 1st: $100
- 2nd: $50
- 3rd: $25
Each winner receives a ribbon!
- 1st Sharon Taylor, Willow Alaska
- 2nd Patty Kersberger, Anchorage, Alaska
- 3rd Yaquina Repnow, Palmer, Alaska