Alaska State Fair Karaoke Contest Prelims presented by Q99.7
- August 25, 2017 • 7:00 pm • SBS Woodlot
Your favorite local performers who win in the Prelim Round will compete in the Finals for cash and prizes. Come cheer for your favorite contestants as they do it better than the CD.
Qualifying Rounds and Locations:
Round 1: July 13th at Tailgaters in Wasilla. Sign ups begin at 7pm. Singing begins at 8p until 10pm. First 20 to sign up, perform.
Round 2: July 20th at Everett’s located at the Mat-Su Resort. Sign ups begin at 6pm. Singing begins at 7p untill 9p. First 20 to sign up, perform.
Round 3: July 27th, Tailgaters in Wasilla. Sign ups start at 7pm. Singing begins at 8pm until 10pm. First 20 to sign up, perform.
Round 4: August 3rd at the Kink Bar, Mile 13.5 Knik Road. Sign ups begin at 6pm. Singing begins at 7pm until 9pm. First 20 to sign up, perform.
Round 5: August 10th at the Tug Bar, mile 18.5 Knik Goose Bay Rd. Sign ups begin at 6pm. Singing begins at 7pm until 9pm. First 20 to sign up, perform.
Round 6: August 19th at the Silver Fox Inn, 8431 W Parks Hwy, Wasilla. Sign ups begin at 6pm. Singing begins at 7pm until 9pm. First 20 to sign up, perform.
- These rules serve only for the Q99.7 FM and Alaska State Fair “ASF Karaoke Contest”. These rules are valid for all the preliminary contests and the Finale Contest that will take place on Friday, September 1st, 2017, 7pm-10pm, on the Woodlot stage, at the Alaska State Fair. You must arrive NO later than 6:50pm for check-in or you may be disqualified. The finale starts promptly at 7pm
- Contestants MUST be 21 years or older, 15 and older select participating venues and a resident of the State of Alaska.
- Prizes are non-transferable. Prizes awarded at the preliminary karaoke contests and will include one (1) adult admission pass to the 2017 Alaska State Fair and 1 general parking pass for the top two (2) contestants at each preliminary, and a chance to compete in the Final Contest. The GRAND PRIZE at the Final Contest is $1000, Second Place is $500, and Third Place is $250. (Winners will be required to provide Social Security numbers.)
- Contestants MUST participate in at least one of the preliminary karaoke contests held between July 13th, 2017 and August 25th,2017 at various locations around the Valley. Two (2) winners will be chosen at each round including the last preliminary round on the Alaska State Fairgrounds August 25th,2017 who will move on to compete in the Final Contest at the Alaska State Fair on Friday, September 1st, 2017.
- Contestants MUST be able to attend and compete in the Final Contest at the Alaska State Fair 7:00 pm, Friday, September 1st, 2017. NO SUBSTITUTIONS.
- Contestants have the opportunity to use the karaoke library provided by the venue; KMBQ does not guarantee that the contestants’ choice of song will be available. Contestants may not bring their own music.
- Performers’ time will be appropriately regulated so that all participants have an equal chance to compete.
- Registration will be on site at each preliminary venue and is on a “first come, first served” basis, with a limit of 20 contestants at each venue. NO ADVANCE REGISTRATION.
- Each contestant will be judged on a scale of one to ten with one being the lowest and ten being the highest. There will be three categories: Pitch, Lyrics and Overall Performance (includes choice and difficulty of the song, rhythm, stage presence and appearance). The scores from each category will be tallied and the two singers with the highest scores will be the winners for that venue and will move on to the finals. The Final Contest: Out of the 14 contestants, the top five (5) will be chosen along with a fan favorite. Those six (6) will perform another song. The judge’s will then award first, second, and third place winners. Any ties will be determined by the Judging Committee. All decisions are final.
- Performances on fair grounds must be family friendly otherwise the performer will not be able to participate in any future karaoke contests.
- Contestants must abide by all state and federal laws while participating in the contest.
- Individual performers only; no groups or accompaniments. No musical instruments.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to pick up Alaska State Fair admission and general parking passes from KMBQ. Winner must provide their own transportation.
- All entrant participation in this contest is voluntary and acknowledges that KMBQ and the Alaska State Fair and other participating sponsors are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from participating in this contest.
- All participants grant KMBQ and the Alaska State Fair the use of the sound recordings, photographs, video tape, and illustrations taken during or in connection with the contest, in any and all applications including, but not limited to advertising, commercials, promotion, stories, text, articles, illustrations, copy and commercial use, in any and all media forms at any time without the winner’s further knowledge or consent.
- KMBQ and the Alaska State Fair reserve the right to revise these rules at any time.
- Noncompliance of these rules by winner(s) may result in the forfeiture of “winner” status. The decision of KMBQ management in the interpretation of these rules is final. By participating, persons agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and the official contest rules.
- Individuals who have won the Alaska State Fair Legendary Karaoke Contest within the past three (3) are not eligible to participate.