7 Reasons Not to Miss Our Concert Kick-Off Party with Redhead Express
The first-ever Alaska State Fair Concert Kick-Off Party, featuring Redhead Express, is coming up Saturday, April 2 – and here are seven reasons to make sure it’s on your calendar!
- Be the first to find out the 2016 AT&T Concert Series line-up! We’ll announce the entertainers confirmed to perform at the 2016 Fair (and we don’t think you’ll be disappointed!).
- Get tickets early and save money. Kick-off party guests can buy tickets to this year’s concerts in advance of the public on-sale date and with NO CONVENIENCE FEES. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, April 8 at 6 a.m.
- Win concert tickets. You could head home with four tickets to the concert of your choice!
- The mouth-watering menu. Enjoy a delicious array of appetizers prepared by celebrity chef Suzette Lord Weldon, with assistance from Alaska Job Corps Culinary Arts Instructor David Williams and his students. On the menu are gourmet caprese crostini, salmon cakes, caribou pineapple skewers, vegetables platters and dip, and hummus with pita chips. Special thank you to Northstar Bakery and Three Bears for donating ingredients.
- Sip on your favorite beverage. All guests will receive two complimentary drinks. A big thanks to the Odom Corporation for donating the adult beverages for our event.
- There will be great live music (and a great emcee!). Harp soloist Boogie Willis will welcome guests in the lobby. You can then boogie to the opening act, The Sallys acapella family band, at 7 p.m. Then, the beautiful and talented sisters of Redhead Express take the stage at 7:30. And we’re excited to have Mat-Su Campus Director Talis Colberg as the emcee for the evening’s festivities!
- You’ll be supporting scholarships. All funds raised benefit the Fair scholarship program, which awards scholarships to Alaska high school students planning to attend college or vocational school. Last year, we awarded $4,250 to five Alaska high school students. With your support, we hope to double that amount next year!
Convinced? Get your tickets now on the Fair website! Then mark your calendar for the 2016 Concert Kick-Off Party, Saturday, April 2 at the Glenn Massay Theater on the University of Alaska Mat-Su Campus. Doors open at 6 p.m. See you there!